Ready to celebrate National Deviled Egg Day? Grab an apron and a Seniors Helping Seniors® caregiver and let’s dig into a tasty recipe that’s a tried-and-true crowd-pleaser!
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh chives
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- Paprika, for garnish
- Salt, to taste
- Chopped, fresh chives, for garnish
- Rinse eggs and place in a small saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 10-12 minutes. Then, drain and rinse with cold water. Peel eggs and place in the refrigerator, loosely covered, for 15 minutes.
- Halve eggs lengthwise, carefully removing yolks. Place yolks in a bowl and mash with a fork. Mix in mustard, Tabasco, salt, pepper, chives, and mayo.
- Fill the center of each egg with approximately 1 ½ teaspoons of the egg-yolk mixture, using a spoon or piping bag. Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with whole chives.