Crumbled Coffee Cake Recipe
1 cup of softened unsalted butter
1 cup of sugar
2/3 cup of light brown sugar
1 tsp. of salt
3 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour
3 tsp. of baking powder
3/4 tbsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup of sour cream
1 1/4 cup of whole milk
6 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
1 cup of light brown sugar
1 1/2 tbsp. of cinnamon
1 cup of all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepared your 9×13 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Start by making your crumb topping. In a bowl, mix the melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour until the mixture forms into crumbs. Set aside.
- For the cake, mix your butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar in a bowl and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, sour cream, baking powder, salt, and mix until ingredients form a smooth consistency. Then gradually add in the flour.
- Fill your pan with the velvety cake batter and top this by sprinkling your cinnamon topping.
- Bake this for approx. 40-45 minutes. Check to see if the cake is set then place it on the baking rack.
- Once cooled, sprinkle with a pinch of your leftover granulated sugar, dish and enjoy with a cup of joe.