Need a small snack with your tea? Tea Cake Cookies are the perfect snack you can make while your tea is steeping. Easy and versatile you can change up the recipe to add whatever flavors sound like the perfect match for your tea. Cinnamon, lemon, or maybe dipped in a little chocolate, possibilities are as endless as your tea options.
1 ½ cups of sugar
1 cup of unsalted butter (room temperature)
2 ¾ cups of all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons of cream of tartar
½ teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Combine sugar and button into a bowl and mix until fluffy.
- Add eggs in one at a time and mix in between.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix.
- Form small balls of the dough and place them on greased or lined cookie sheet.
- For an optional sweet addition dip a glass in sugar and use it to flatten the cookie dough balls.
- Bake for 10 minutes.